The department is located in the William Grant House, formerly the Sheltering Arms Hospital, at 1008 E. Clay St., Richmond, VA. The chair’s office and the professional graduate programs offices are located on the second floor. The doctor of philosophy program office is located on the third floor of the building.
MCV Hospitals, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the nation, and other clinical facilities of the VCU Medical Center are readily accessible to the department’s students and faculty. In addition, the department has clinical affiliations and close working relationships with a large number of health care organizations and agencies in Virginia and throughout the United States. The organizations and agencies are used extensively as clinical facilities in the department’s educational programs.