Application forms and instructions for applying to all graduate programs in the School of the Arts are available on the School of the Arts Web site at www.vcu.edu/arts/.
General information about admission to graduate study and application procedures can be found in the Graduate School section of this bulletin or on the Graduate School Web site.
For Ph.D. degree, see Ph.D. in Art History section.
For all other degrees (M.A., M.A.E., M.F.A. and M.M.):
- Applicants should hold the baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- It is expected that applicants will have a 3.0 (“B”) average on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate work.
The prospective student should consult the appropriate section of this bulletin for additional admission requirements for a particular degree program. Such requirements include:
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for applicants to art history.
- An audition and examination for music applicants, as described in the program description for the M.M. degree.
- An audition or presentation of portfolio, as well as a personal interview, for applicants for the M.F.A. in Theatre.
- A portfolio review for all applicants to the visual arts M.F.A. degrees (a personal interview is encouraged).