Wu-Pong, Dr. Susanna
Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences Graduate Programs
Admission requirements summary
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Master of Science (M.S.)
Indicate specialization: medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacotherapy, or pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes
M.S. or M.P.S.
Jan 1 for medicinal chemistry track
May 1 (Submission of application by Dec 1 highly recommended)
International applicants must complete the TOEFL and international admissions application.
The school offers programs of graduate study leading to the degree of Master of Science. Students may specialize in pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacotherapy, or pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes.
Student learning outcomes
- Knowledge of research in pharmaceutical sciences
- The candidate should demonstrate a general knowledge of the elements of the pharmaceutical sciences and a detailed knowledge of his/her area of research, including an appropriate familiarity with the research literature, policies and procedures, and methodology pertaining to the field.
- Design experiments in pharmaceutical sciences
- The candidate should demonstrate an appropriate level of skill in the design of experimental protocols and the technical conduct of experimentation related to his/her research.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills
- The candidate should demonstrate that an appropriate level of oral, written and visual communication skills have been acquired.
- Identify problems in pharmaceutical sciences
- The candidate should demonstrate an appropriate level of skill in the identification of meaningful problems in the pharmaceutical sciences and the design of and implementation of appropriate problem-solving methods.