McQuaid, Ms. Jana P.
Graduate Program Director
Admission requirements summary
Accountancy, Master of (M.Acc.)
GMAT or GRE
The purpose of the Master of Accountancy program is to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to be future leaders in the professional business community and the public sector for students who wish to specialize in the areas of accounting/information systems, auditing financial reporting and accounting/other fields of business.
Student learning outcomes
- Students are expected to demonstrate current knowledge of financial accounting standards, tax laws and regulations, and other professional guidance that affects the profession. In addition, students should be aware of proposed changes to tax laws and regulations, financial accounting standards and other professional guidance.
- Students are expected to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate accounting information in writing and in oral presentations.
- Students are expected to demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze comprehensive cases, comprehensive problems and other projects that require in-depth accounting knowledge. The analysis should include a brief statement of the issue, facts bearing on the issue, appropriate professional guidance and a proposed solution to the issue.
- Students are expected to demonstrate the ability to apply accounting knowledge in a variety of contexts and circumstances.
- Students must be able to demonstrate their ability to apply ethical principles in a variety of accounting contexts and circumstances.