The objectives of the Department of Physical Therapy, in concert with the mission of the university and the School of Allied Health Professions, are to:
- Provide an entry-level postbaccalaureate educational program for full-time students with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary post-professional doctoral programs that prepare physical therapists to contribute to the understanding and application of therapeutic procedures through basic and applied research and to teach both clinical and didactic physical therapy on all academic levels.
- Provide an atmosphere that fosters critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and integrity, freedom of expression, personal growth and professional competence, and a commitment to learning for faculty and students.
- Provide an environment that facilitates research and scholarship directed toward optimizing patient care.
- Provide services to the public and professional communities.