Travel & Safety
The safety of our students is most important. Please review the U.S. State Department list of travel warnings, alerts and country-specific information before choosing a destination. View the current list of warnings.
Before you leave the country, you’ll want to review this section for the following information:
Health and safety resources
- U.S. State Department: Information on obtaining a passport and more
- Students Abroad: Website maintained by the State Department specifically for U.S. students studying abroad. The site allows you to register your presence abroad with the nearest U.S. Embassy, access information about travel warnings, and offers student travel tips, and more.
- FBI Safety and Security Brochure: Information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the safety and security of U.S. students traveling abroad.
- University Student Health Services: Immunization clinic at VCU
- Center for Disease Control: Information on recommended and required immunizations for travel
- Mobility International: International education resource for individuals with disabilities
- VCU Counseling Services: Mental health resource for students before, during and after the international experience
- Study Abroad student handbook: General and country-specific information on health and safety abroad
- USAStudyAbroad: Resources and information provided by the U.S. Department of State for students, educators and institutions involved with study abroad opportunities.